Personal Prayer Poster
How can you encourage someone going through extreme circumstances and give them visual hope? When my friend Debbie was diagnosed with terminal cancer I enlisted people to pray for her. One praying friend, Gina, decided to make her prayers visual. She created a poster for Debbie and used it as a tool to pray for her and to encourage her. She included pictures of Debbie, meaningful scriptures, and Debbie’s ‘word for the year’-BELIEVE. When Debbue received it she proudly displayed it on her hospital wall and later at home.
Gina’s prayer poster also touched friends, family and coworkers who came to visit.
Write a review
- Poster board or butcher paper
- Markers, colored pencils & glue stick
- Scriptures, pictures, words, favorite things
- Pray. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you creativity and to guide you
- Personalize. Find out what the person likes. Sports? Butterflies? The ocean? Ask someone close to them or check out their facebook page.
- Cut, copy & create. Cut pictures from magazines or used greeting cards or copy photos or free artwork from the internet. Or unleash your artist within and draw or paint.
- Mail or hand deliver. (Before you do, make a copy or take a pic from your phone and keep it as a visual way to keep praying!)
Leave a Reply