A Gift to Remember
Write a review
- A person who has lost someone
- The occasion or date that is difficult or meaningful
- Prayer for meaningful ideas
- A tangible gift, act of service, words, or activity to encourage the person.
- Celebrating and remembering loved ones can bring healing to our souls. When a special anniversary date or occasion approaches consider how you can could encourage living loved ones with a meaningful gift to let them know you didn’t forget.
- One woman sent her widowed friend a dozen roses on her first anniversary without her husband.
- A group of church friends pooled their resources to honor a grieving family and purchased a large quantity of Bibles for their youth group and placed personalized labels inside each with the deceased child’s name.
- A niece surprised her elderly aunt on a special holiday when she showed up armed with the lost loved one’s favorite snacks and spent the afternoon munching, sharing memories, listening to nostalgic music and photo gazing.
- One sister mailed all of her siblings a package that included their deceased mom’s handwritten recipe and all the ingredients to prepare her favorite meal.
- An anonymous friend left a Mylar ballon and favorite scripture on the grave where a grieving mother visited.
- One woman sent a text with the message “Thinking of you today as you remember your son.”
- One mother wrote a story to honor her living children.
Leave a Reply